The sad fact of the matter is that those of us who have and are working in the animal rescue business know the truth of what is actually happening now.
That's why Dizzy is NOT aimed at you, you great rescues who do fantastic work, why would I wasted my time teaching you something you already know?
(however I will add that those er not so good rescues, the ones who are no better than dog traffickers or back yard breeders, why would i try to educate you, you know exactly how to get round the system. Though I will point out that you time is soon up, so do be aware that a time will shortly come, where you will not be allowed to get away with what you do and for those who are spreading the lies, I say go ahead, do your worst, we at Dizzy's believe that right is might and we laugh at you and makes jokes about your short shelf life. Your time is coming.)
Let us look at some headings;
· Rescues; anyone can be a rescue, there are no checks, no qualifications, no guidelines, no exams, indeed, any old animal abuser can decide to set up a rescue.
· Dogfighting; sadly, this so-called sport, is becoming more and more prolific in England and Wales. Dogs, in fact, all animals, of all sizes are stolen daily, to act as either bait, bloodlust or for fighting.
· Breeders; though I am pro-breeder, I recognise that not only are there far far too many breeders, the majority of them are not what I would consider, professional. With little or no lover of the actual animals they are actually breeding, seeing them simply as a commodity to make money from.
· Buyers; any numpty can buy a dog, sadly for most buyers. They do not have to prove that they are capable of looking after a dog training a dog or even have the time for a dog. And very often will buy eight relatively inappropriate dog/animal for their home.
· Trainers/behaviourists; Anyone can call themselves a trainer or a behaviourist, there is no set recognised government qualification that ensures that the trainer/behaviourist actually knows what they are doing.
· True pts figures; the reality is that we are looking at between 1000 and 1500 dogs a week being put to sleep, however, no one actually wants you to know that.
So these are but a few of the main issues that are wrong within the animal rescue business.
There are so many more issues that also need looking at truth be told, I don’t think this piece of paper is big enough, I have seen rescues which have had dogs in crates for years, never walked never touched but believe that putting a dog to sleep is inhumane, therefore in their eyes, regardless of quality-of-life, they believe they are doing the right thing, that dog. I know of a rescue (registered as a charity) who pays three times the national average for their kennel bills, actually they own the kennels, and are doing very nicely, thank you very much. I know another, registered as a charity rescue, there has not given in the accounts for five years. I know of another rescue, who "accidentally" and yet somehow regularly, allows an un-neutered male in with an un-spayed female. Oh dear, let’s sell the puppies, whoop, YOU ALL know it goes on!
Let’s be brutally honest about this, and look at Battersea dogs home--a reputable, well-known dog rescue. A member of the public walked in there and came out with a dog of their choice, donation given, no home check, no backup.
So, now we get into why Dizzy?
We at Dizzy's, believe, truly believe that right is might, that the animal loving British public, has a right to know the reality of what is happening. We also believe, that at this moment in time, they have not got a clue, but if they did, they would stand up and say, no, they would shout, this is wrong.
So there you have it, Dizzy, wants to educate, we recognise that this is an issue that must be addressed, not only by the public today but by the public tomorrow and the day after and the day after and the generation after generation after that.
We plan to do this by being sneaky, by aiming at the 2.5 family with the people carriers, that just wanna come and pay and have a day out with the family. Those are the people we need to educate!
We also recognise that in the society that we live in today, everybody wants something for nothing, they want to feel as if they are getting their money’s worth, especially at the moment, there is no doubt that we are in a recession. So we intend to put on a show, a fate, a fun day with entertainment of all types, but we have a secret agenda. We intend for every person who leaves that field on that day, to leave with far more information than when they came
What then? Well, we plan to continue until there is a Dizzy in every county, until enough people in the UK can stand together and shout that this is wrong and change the system together.
Yep, it may take a while, but something’s are worth waiting and fighting for.
WHY NOT JOIN US, AND ENJOY THE BLOOD, SWEAT,
TEARS AND LAUGHS ALONG THE WAY?
You're right, we don't plan to
save just one
animal, we hope to save many!
In Dizzy's name, lets do something good!
He changed my world now, together lets change the whole world